Friday, August 04, 2006

Welcome Aboard

Career Opportunities

BC Ferries is always on the lookout for customer focused, hard working team players.  Apparently I am now one of those players.  I have recently accepted employment with BCFerries starting August 28th.  This is fantastic in that I now have a month off before I start work.  This enables me to decompress from my time at the Bean and be fresh for my new opportunity. 

The job opportunity was described as:

Your responsibilities will be assigned from time to time and more specifically your Key Result Areas shall generally include:

  • Follows project management best practices, oversees the planning, analysis, design, implementation and closure processes;
  • Advises and actively contributes to the resolution of business problems by matching information technology to meet business requirements;
  • Contributes to the development of the client’s short and long term strategic plans;
  • Identifies inter-dependencies, conflicting requirements and overlapping impact on business processes and ITSS services and architectures across projects;
  • Conducts project post mortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements administration and communications; and
  • personal characteristics/expectations.

I am quite sure that this is going to be a fantastic opportunity.  Also one of the great benefits from this job is unlimited free ferry travel....looking forward to taking advantage of that.  In addition I will be able to walk to work and the work environment is pretty relaxed (read no ties!!).

ad no ties!!).

No comments: